Hey, hey, hey, beautiful brides-to-be! We know the big day is just around the corner and it can be pretty stressful with all the last-minute bridal jewellery selection & preparations. But don't fret, we're here to make your life a little easier, at least in the bride accessories department!
We know you've probably got a million pins on your Pinterest board. Still, it's time to take matters into your own hands and select bridal jewellery & accessories that will make you look like the stunning bride you are! We understand it might sound like a lot of work, but we've got you covered.
We understand that you don't want to just look good, but look amazing! We've included tips for the perfect bridal jewellery set, potlis, clutches, and footwear to complete your look. We want you to stand out from the crowd and make a statement that will leave everyone in awe. So forget about Alia and Kiara; it's time for you to shine and become the next inspiration pin for someone else's dream wedding! Trust us; you won't regret putting in the extra effort to look picture-perfect on your special day.
We've put together the ultimate Indian bridal accessories checklist to help you prepare for all the ceremonies about to go down! So, let's dive in!
The ultimate bridal accessory checklist
Now, you might think, "This sounds like something a perfect bridesmaid would do," and you're absolutely right! But why not take matters into your own hands and be your perfect bridesmaid? This checklist is here to help! You can use it as it is or tweak it to match your unique style and preferences. We promise that with this checklist, you'll have everything you need to look and feel like the most beautiful bride on your special day. And for all you bridesmaids out there, be a hero and pass this bridal accessories list on to the bride-to-be. She'll be forever grateful for having such a fantastic bridesmaid like yourself! So what are you waiting for? Let's get started on making the wedding a total dream come true!
1. The elegant engagement look
Hey gorgeous, we know how important your engagement day is and want to ensure you look and feel absolutely stunning! That's why we've curated the perfect engagement accessory checklist for you. First and foremost, remember to keep it classy and elegant. Don't overdo your bridal jewellery; stick to diamonds and rubies to pair with your voluminous ball gown. But if you're going for a lehenga, go for kundans, polkis, or pearls. Here's what you'll need to complete your look:
Start with a beautiful hair bridal accessory, like an elegant hair crown, embellished hair clips, or a handful of roses and baby breaths. If you're wearing a lehenga, wear a stunning maang tika, preferably in kundan or polki.
Pair your gown with small and elegant bridal jewellery such as earrings in diamonds or other semi-precious stones. A beautiful choker or sleek princess necklace (again in diamonds or rubies) will be perfect for completing your look.
Keep your hand bridal accessories understated and straightforward with a unique wristwatch, bracelet, or unique handcuff. Just make sure it doesn't overpower the charm of your engagement rock!
Carry a pretty marble clutch or one with some shimmery details that complement your outfit.
Finally, step into a pair of glam stilettos and get ready to turn heads!
There you have it, the ultimate engagement accessory checklist to make your accessory shopping easy and stress-free. With these bridal jewellery & accessories, you'll be the talk of the town, and your engagement will be nothing short of magical!
2. The quirky mehendi look
Get ready to bring out your inner quirk and play with an explosion of colours! The mehendi ceremony is like the Holi festival of weddings, where everything is vibrant, lively and full of joy. And when it comes to picking bridal accessories for this occasion, the rule of thumb is to opt for anything light, quirky and colourful.
From delicate gota haath phools, maang tikas and passas to bold floral naths, chokers and tasselled matha pattis, the bridal jewellery set options are endless! And if you're a fan of chunky baubles, you can even try oxidised bridal jewellery to match your mehendi attire. But that's just the beginning! There's so much more you can add to your mehendi look.
A unique and quirky head accessory like a stunning matha patti, a sleek headband or an elegant jhoomar can take your look to the next level. And if you want to be extra adventurous, why not go for a faux floral tiara or pretty floral parandis to complement your braided hairstyle?
Don't forget the fun factor too! A pair of funky sunglasses can add a playful touch to your photos.
For your hands, colourful silk thread bangles, floral haath phools, handcuffs or bracelets, and an equally pretty enamelled ring can make a statement.
To complete your mehendi look, add a gorgeous bridal jewellery set like a floral necklace or an oxidised collar, a pretty floral bajubandh, and an edgy pair of payals or floral anklets to give your mehendi-laden feet an extra charm.
Finish off your look with a personalised clutch and a striking pair of kolhapuris, ballerinas or juttis, and you'll be the epitome of mehendi perfection!
3. Sassy for sangeet or cocktail ceremony
Let's talk about the Diwali of wedding ceremonies - the sangeet or cocktail ceremony. This is the occasion to dress up like the pataka that you are! But while looking your best, it's important to feel your best. The sangeet or cocktail ensemble should provide maximum comfort so that nothing comes in the way of your thumkas!
You don't want anything weighing you down while dancing the night away! Opt for simple and comparatively lightweight wedding jewellery & accessories. Ditch heavy bridal jewellery sets and replace them with stud earrings or statement neck pieces.
Here's a checklist to follow while picking your sangeet accessories:
1. A simple and dainty maang tika if you're wearing a lehenga or a basic hair clip to team with a gown. You can even opt to go sans hair accessories and still look modish on your sangeet!
2. A pair of crystal drop dangles to pair with a gown, or circlet kundan stud earrings to pair with a lehenga.
3. If you are wearing a lehenga, you may choose to wear elaborate kadas and bangles to accessorise your hands in an over-the-top fashion. However, if you are wearing a gown, it is advisable to wear a fancy bracelet instead.
4. Don't forget to bring the bling with your engagement ring - flaunt it as much as possible!
5. You may choose to wear platform heels, wedges, or belly flats to ensure your feet remain comfortable during extended periods of those thumka sessions.
With this bridal accessories list, you're sure to be the centre of attention and dance the night away in comfort and style!
4. The whimsical wedding look
It's time to unleash your inner royalty and feel like a princess on your wedding day! Whether a minimalist or a maximalist, your bridal jewellery set & bride accessories should reflect your unique style and personality. But make sure your look is still cohesive and doesn't overwhelm your outfit. So, why not add some colour and contrast with your accessories? Kundans, polkis, emeralds, or pearls, take your pick to create a dazzling look. But before you head out on your shopping spree, ensure you don't miss any essential pieces!
1. First, a stylish matha patti or maang tika will enhance your look, whether you prefer an elaborate or sleek wedding jewellery design. And don't forget to pair it with a classic jhoomar for a touch of vintage glam. Consider embellished jooda pins, fancy hair clips, or flower adornments to create a stunning bridal hairdo.
2. For your statement wedding jewellery set, add an oversized or dainty nath according to your preference. Then, pick from huge jhumkis, dazzling bahubali earrings, attractive jhoomars, or heavy danglers for a beautiful pair of earrings. Your neck should be adorned with a layered kundan necklace, a resplendent polki collar, or an enamelled bib necklace paired with matching rani haar.
3. A statement ring for one hand and your engagement ring for the other will add the perfect amount of sparkle to your hands. Traditional wedding jewellery bangles or a chura paired with a pair of haath phools will add elegance to your arms. And, of course, the north Indian brides must have their dangling kaleeras; with so many designs available these days, you will be spoilt for choice.
4. To amp up your waist, pick a baajubandh, and the contemporary temple kamarbandhs are the most popular these days. To add some sparkle to your feet, choose from our breathtaking designs of payals.
5. Finally, a chic embellished bridal clutch or a pretty potli bag can be handed off to your bridesmaids to complete your bridal look. Whether you wear juttis, platform heels, stilettos, or even sneakers like some trendy brides, make sure to walk down the aisle like the princess you are!
Congratulations on making it this far! You've done a fabulous job ticking off the items on your bridal accessory checklist, but there's more to achieving the perfect wedding day look than just accessorising. To help you avoid any fashion faux pas, we've put together a handy list of do's and don'ts. Trust us, you don't want to look like a fashion disaster on your big day! So, before you finalise your look, go through this guide once to ensure that you're all set to turn heads and make a lasting impression. Remember, you deserve to feel like a million bucks on your wedding day, so let's make it happen!
1. DO wear your Indian bridal accessories with confidence. Remember, your wedding day is about you; you want to feel confident and beautiful. So, wear it with pride, whether you're rocking statement wedding jewellery such as a necklace, oversized nath or an elaborate maang tika.
2. DON'T overdo it with wedding jewellery. While bridal accessories can elevate your look, too many can overwhelm you. So, pick a few statement pieces that complement each other and avoid going overboard.
3. DO consider your outfit's neckline when selecting your accessories. If you're wearing a low neckline, opt for a statement necklace or choker. If wearing a high neckline, focus on your earrings or maang tika instead.
4. DON'T forget about your hair accessories. From embellished jooda pins to fancy hair clips and floral adornments, hair accessories can add an extra oomph to your bridal hairdo.
5. DO consider your face shape when selecting your maang tika or matha patti. A matha patti with a round pendant can help elongate a round face, while a maang tika can help balance out a long face.
6. DON'T skimp on the quality of your accessories. Your bridal jewellery set is a long-term investment; you want them to last beyond your big day. So, invest in high-quality pieces that you can wear again on special occasions.
7. DO match your accessories with your outfit's colour palette. If you're wearing a red lehenga, opt for a gold or kundan bridal jewellery set & bride accessories. Opt for pearl or diamond accessories if you're wearing a pastel-coloured outfit.
8. DON'T fret. Mix and match different types of jewellery. For instance, you can pair a kundan necklace with diamond earrings or mix and match gold and silver bangles.
9. DO pay attention to your footwear. While your shoes may not be visible under your lehenga, they can affect your posture and comfort. So, opt for comfortable shoes that match your outfit's colour palette.
10. DON'T forget to accessorise your hands and feet. From bangles and haath phools to payals and kaleeras, don't forget to add bling to your hands and feet.
Your bridal accessories are more than just an addition to your outfit; they can elevate your look and make you feel like the queen you are on your special day. So beware - the wrong choice of bride accessories can quickly transform you from a stunning bride to a fashion disaster. Following this ultimate checklist ensures that your accessories enhance your outfit rather than overwhelm it. Remember, on your special day, confidence is everything - so rock those accessories like you were born to wear them!
Are you looking for the perfect bride accessories to complete your bridal look? Check out the latest accessory trends, featuring stunning bridal necklace sets and earrings for lehenga that will make a statement on your big day.