The Silicon Valley of India, Bengaluru, is one of the biggest metropolitan cities known for its buzzing startups and hustle culture. In Bengaluru, the running joke is that if you toss 10 stones in different directions, at least 8 of them will find their way to shatter the window of a startup office.
It then only makes sense that short weekend getaways offer a great escape from the hustle culture of startups, and corporate world in general. We also understand that while you might have decided on a destination for your upcoming 3 day trips from Bangalore by car, it still helps to have an itinerary to make things easier, So, giving you that much-deserved break from monotony and listing for you these beautiful 3 day trips from Bangalore by car to explore this weekend, and a detailed guide of all that you can explore in these destinations.
Here are some destinations and their quick itineraries for a perfect 3 days trip from Bengaluru
Veiled in mist and embraced by thick fog, known as the princess of hills, Kodaikanal is located in the Palani hills of Tamil Nadu and is the perfect location for a 3-day trip from Bangalore. With its serene beauty, lush landscapes, and cool climate, this hill station offers a perfect escape for a 3 days trip from Bangalore for couples, nature lovers and those seeking respite from the urban chaos. A fun fact about Kodaikanal is that it is the only hill station crafted by Americans.
3-Day Itinerary from Bengaluru to Kodaikanal
Day 1: Bengaluru to Kodaikanal
- To start off your 3 days trip from Bangalore for couples to Kodaikanal, depart from Bengaluru in the morning and reach the stunning hill station by afternoon.
- Spend the day exploring Kodai Lake, enjoying boat rides, and unwinding at Bryant Park with almost 325 species of trees, shrubs and cactuses.
- Have a peaceful overnight stay in a comfortable accommodation and get ready for the next day.
Day 2: Pillar rocks and waterfalls
- To get started on your 3 days trip from Bangalore for couples to Kodaikanal, you can go for a leisurely walk on Coakers Walk, which is a path along the edge of steep slopes on the southern side of Kodai town.
- After getting your breakfast, get ready for Devil's Kitchen amidst the Pillar Rocks. For absolutely breathtaking views, continue ahead for Moir Point, offering views of the highest peaks around Kodaikanal.
- To end your day and have a soothing evening with an amazing sunset by the waterfalls, head for Pambar Falls, which happens to be one of the most stunning waterfalls you can visit around Bengaluru.
Day 3: Sightseeing and departure
- For your third and last day before heading out, explore the Bear Shola Falls, Silver Cascade and Shenbaganur Museum, a storehouse of traditional artefacts of Kodaikanal.
- Depart for Bengaluru in the afternoon, concluding this nature’s retreat.
Known as the coffee land of Karnataka, Chikmagalur is located In the lower regions of the Mullayanagiri Range with its thick forests and magnificent mountains. This is heaven for all coffee enthusiasts and surely will have the time of their lives strolling through their coffee plantation. And yes it goes without saying but don’t leave without tasting different varieties of coffees there. However, not just coffee lovers but even trekkers will love Chikmagalur as it is home to the two highest mountain peaks of Karnataka - Kudremukh and Mullayanagiri. This beautiful hill station that also makes for a perfect 3 days trip from Bangalore for couples, is full of tourist attractions.
3-Day Itinerary for your 3 day trip from Bangalore by car to Chikmagalur:
Day 1: Bengaluru to Chikmagalur
- Situated just .5 km from Belus Bus station is the Sri Chennakesava Temple/ Belur Temple, your first stop on this thrilling 3-day trip. After this head to Yagachi dam, famous for its water sports, built on River Yagachi, a tributary of River Kaveri.
- Now for a peaceful evening on your 3 day trip from Bangalore by car to Chikmagalur head out for some shopping because who doesn’t love souvenirs, along the way is Hirekolale Lake where you can spend some time, soaking in the peace.
- Or if you’re the religious kind, you can instead explore the Kodanda Rama Temple, a 14th-century temple built in Hoysala style.
Day 2: Coffee estates and waterfalls
Does a day even start without a cup of coffee? Keeping that in mind, dedicate this morning to exploration of coffee plantations and understanding the coffee-making process.
Now, head to Kavikal Gandi viewpoint for a pleasant view of the Chandra Dona mountain range. Stop at Jhari Falls and Baba Budangiri on your way back to your accommodation.
Day 3: Kemmanagundi and departure
- To conclude the trip, there’s Ayyanakere, an ancient and biggest lake in Chikmagalur.
- Along the way are Belavadi and Halebidu temples, the second one is one of the three UNESCO world heritage sites, other than Belur temple & Somnathpur temple.
Labelled as the ‘French capital of India’, Pondicherry looks more like a French city with its cobbled streets with quaint houses, cafes and gothic churches. With its French colonial charm, this coastal town, known for its vibrant streets, spiritual retreats, and cultural richness, provides a delightful escape for those seeking a diverse experience. So, for a 3 day trip from Bangalore to Pondicherry, here are your essential places to visit.
3-Day Itinerary for your 3 day trip from Bangalore to Pondicherry:
Day 1: Bengaluru to Pondicherry
Reaching Pondicherry by afternoon, explore the French Quarters and enjoy an evening stroll along Promenade Beach and Serenity Beach before heading out to your accommodation in Pondicherry to rest after travelling for 6+ hours.
Day 2: Auroville and spiritual retreat
- In the morning it is best to visit the Auroville and Matrimandir, experiencing the spiritual ambience. The structure is only accessible to the public till 11 am, making it a better choice to explore in the morning.
- In the afternoon, as the majority of the administrative and experience centres are closed, you can spend time at amazing bakeries in Auroville, feasting on freshly made pizzas, or other cuisines you can try in Pondicherry.
- For a leisurely evening, you can head to Chunnambar Boathouse.
Day 3: Beach bliss and cultural delights
- For a perfect conclusion to your 3 day trip from Bangalore to Pondicherry, visit the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and explore the Pondicherry Museum.
- Head to any of the beaches in Pondicherry like Paradise Beach and relax before heading out to the bustle of Bengaluru in the evening, concluding this cultural and coastal escapade.