Mutta Mala By Chef Akanksha Khatri
Mutta Mala is a Malabar dessert that is made during the wedding festivities. Chef Akanksha Khatri brings this traditional wedding dish from the Mappila community to your kitchen.Read More
For Mutta Mala
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
- Take 5 eggs and use two bowls to separate the egg whites and yolks.
- Set aside the egg whites and strain the yolks.
- Next, make sugar syrup by boiling sugar and water until it is at a one string consistency.
- Pour the egg yolks (using a bottle with a hole or a coconut shell ladle with a hole) in a circular manner into the hot syrup to make a netted necklace of yolks.
- When the Mutta Mala is ready, gently remove it from the syrup.
Mutta in Malayalam means egg and mala means string, as the name suggests it a sweet that is in string shape and made from eggs. It’s a sweet that’s made during the wedding festivities of the Mappila community in North Kerala. This dish is simple as it requires minimum ingredients and time.
The soft and creamy Mutta Mala is so yummy that it is a must in weddings.