Korean Fried Chicken By Chef Team ZZ
Korean Fried Chicken
Korean Fried Chicken has a crunchy exterior and is moist inside. The chicken is coated with thick sweet-and-spicy sauce.Read More
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 lb chicken wings
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1/2 cup corn-starch
3 tbsp butter
5 small dried red chillies, sliced
1 tbsp freshly minced ginger
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup gochujang
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
1/2 cup cocktail peanuts
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 green onion, sliced
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken wings with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, grated ginger and baking powder.
- Coat the chicken with cornflour and deep fry until golden brown.
- Double fry the chicken until crisp.
- Heat butter in a pan and add red chillies, ketchup, gochujang, soy, honey, brown sugar, kosher salt and mix well.
- Transfer the chicken wings to the pan and coat them with the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion greens.
Korean Fried Chicken has a crispy skin and is tossed in a tangy sauce. Unlike its American counterpart, this chicken isn't dipped in a batter.