Bebinca Crepe Cake By Chef Akanksha Khatri
Catch up on Lifestyle Shows.
Read about Lifestyle.
Discover new Recipes.
Know your Chefs.
Participate and Win.
Share and Comment.
Stay in Tune.
Additional details required
Bebinca Crepe Cake
Bebinca Crepe Cake is a traditional Goan dessert. Chef Akanksha Khatri shares the step-by-step recipe.Read More
4 egg yolks
200 gm granulated white sugar
400 ml coconut milk
100 gm all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp grated nutmeg powder
a pinch of salt
¼ cup sugar caramel (optional)
4 tbsp ghee or butter
For Coconut cream
1 cup whipped cream
¼ cup desiccated coconut
- In a large bowl, add the sugar and egg yolks. Mix well.
- Add the coconut milk. Mix until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Sift the flour through a strainer and slowly add it to the coconut milk and egg mixture. Add in the salt and nutmeg powder. Mix the mixture thoroughly till there are no lumps of flour.
- Divide the bebinca batter into 2 equal portions. In one portion, add the sugar caramel. (To give alternate layers a slightly darker shade).
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour the plain batter onto the pan using a ladle. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- On another pan, pour the other batter using a ladle. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. When done, place it on the cooling racks.
- In the meantime, fold in desiccated coconut to whipped cream.
- After the crepes have been cooled down, layer the crepes alternately, along with cream in between.
- Dust it with icing sugar and garnish with toasted coconut.
Bebinca Crepe Cake is a multi-layered Goan dessert. The speciality of this crepe cake is the presence of coconut milk and nutmeg. These two ingredients accord this multi-layered delicacy a unique flavour and texture.
The aromatic and delicious Bebinca Crepe Cake gives you one more reason to fall in love with Goa.