There is something about a bottle of bubbly that instantaneously puts you in a celebratory mood. So, what better occasion than Mother’s Day to pop a bottle? Tell your mum to sit back, relax and enjoy a tipple. When you’re done raising a toast to the superwoman in your life, you can settle down with a glass of bellini or mimosa and catch up over brunch. .
Here are our picks of five delicious sparkling cocktails that will are perfect not just for Mother’s Day but every day.
- 140 ml of Champagne
- 15 ml Drillaud Crème de Peach Liqueur
- 100 ml Peach Purée
- Pour the peach puree into the bottom of a flute.
- Pour champagne into the glass and then top up with peach liqueur.
- Stir lightly and serve.
Recipe by Bar Bellini at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc, France
2. Punch Romaine
- 25ml white rum
- 20ml white wine10ml simple syrup
- 10ml lemon juice
- 20ml fresh orange juice
- 1 egg white
- 75ml Moët & Chandon Brut Impérial
- In an ice-filled cocktail shaker, combine egg white, rum, wine, simple syrup, lemon and orange juice and shake with cubed ice.
- Mold crushed ice into a ball and place in a large coupe glass, and pour drink around it.
- Top it with champagne. Garnish with orange peel.
Recipe by Moet & Chandon
3. Imperial 1869
- 15ml Agave Syrup
- 2 dashes of grapefruit bitters
- 1 dash orange flower water
- 100ml Moët & Chandon Brut Impérial
- Pour all the ingredients into the coupe glass and top with champagne.
- Garnish with edible flowers.
Recipe by Moët & Chandon
4. Strawberry-Lychee Cocktail
- 20ml gin
- 20ml hibiscus and rose syrup
- 20ml litchee juice
- Strawberry Fruzzante
- Stir all ingredients with ice and strain into a coupe glass
- Top up with Strawberry Fruzzante.
- Garnish with an ice block and rose petals.
Recipe by Ami Shroff for Fruzzante
5. French 75
- 30 ml gin
- 15 ml Lime Juice
- 15 ml simple Syrup
- 60 ml sparkling Wine
- Twisted Lime Peel
- Add gin, lime juice and simple syrup to a shaker.
- Shake well, strain in a flute.
- Top up with sparkling wine.
Recipe by The Little Easy, Mumbai