Yes, facial yoga is legit! And before you take it as just another trend and toss it aside—let’s understand why facial exercises are necessary. Most of us hit the gym or make time for working out at home or outdoors to stay fit and in shape. When you are focused so much on your body, then why leave your face out of this fitness regime? Just as you can tone your body muscles, you can also shape and sculpt your face muscles to prevent sagging. How? By practising face sculpting exercises.
Face exercises work like acupressure techniques to prevent wrinkles and fine lines—making you look and feel young. So let's take a look at these easy-to-do exercises and facial yoga you can do at home for a sculpted face.
1. Give your brows a lift with this exercise
Nobody likes droopy lids! While Botox might seem the only to get a facelift, this simple exercise can do the job by simply working the muscles on your forehead:
- Put your index and middle fingers in the closed V sign.
- Press your fingers above your brows and lift your brows up and down.
- Repeat 10 times and complete six sets.
2. For defined cheekbones, do this
Who doesn't want prominent cheekbones? You can get sculpted cheeks and cheekbones by practicing this cheek exercise for a sculpted face.
- Place your fingers over your cheekbones.
- Lift the cheekbones until you feel your muscles stretched.
- Open your mouth to form an "O".
- Hold for 5 seconds and release.
- Complete 10 sets.
3. A simple exercise for a toned jawline
Practice this exercise to reign in that double chin and get a more defined and sculpted face:
- Tilt your head back until you are looking at the ceiling.
- Move your lower lip over your upper lip until you feel the stretch in your jawline muscles near your ears.
- Hold for 10 seconds and release.
- Complete 10 sets.
4. For wrinkle-free nasolabial folds
Laughing is good, but laugh lines are hardly a welcome sight! This pufferfish exercise will reduce your laugh lines and make your smile more beautiful:
- Close your mouth and puff your cheeks.
- Move air from one cheek to the other.
- Repeat for 30 seconds.
Add five minutes of these facial exercises to your workout routine and create a wholesome routine that will make your face look young.