Tavsali By Chef Akanksha Khatri
Tavsali is a Goan eggless cake. Chef Akanksha Khatri brings this unique cake to your kitchen.Read More
1 cup rava
1/2 cup jaggery
1/2 cup grated coconut
2 tbsp ghee
- Peel the cucumber, remove the seeds and grate it.
- Heat ghee and fry the rava till golden brown.
- Add the grated cucumber and coconut, jaggery and let it all cook in the cucumber water till all the water is absorbed
- Put the mixture in a small round cake tin.
- Let the cake steam and cook for around 15 minutes.
- When done, unmould it carefully. Garnish with caramelized nuts and serve.
The word Tavsali is derived from the Konkani word Tavshem meaning Cucumber. The dish is made with sooji, white cucumber, grated coconut and jaggery. It’s a steamed cake and due to the dominating taste of cucumber it gets the name Tavsali. The cake is nutritious and light on the tummy too. Its rich in vitamins and minerals.
Tavsali, the cucumber cake, is a unique Goan delight.