Soft Tea Cake By Chef Rakesh Raghunathan
Soft Tea Cake
Tea Cake is a favourite tea time snack in Pondicherry. Chef Rakesh Raghunathan shares the recipe for this Pondicherry speciality.Read More
1 cup refined flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup oil
1 1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped almonds
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Whisk 2 eggs in a large mixing bowl, add 1 ¼ cup oil, 1 ¼ cup milk, vanilla essence and mix again.
- Sieve 1 cup sugar, 1 cup refined powder in the bowl.
- Add ½ cup chopped almonds and mix it well.
- Pour the soft tea cake dough into a greased bowl and microwave it for 25-30 minutes.
- Soft tea cake is ready to serve now.
Tea Cake is a soft and fluffy tea time snack that is much loved by the people of Puducherry. Pondicherry or Puducherry was once a Frenchy colony, and the love for Tea Cakes is a legacy of the era.
Chef Rakesh Raghunathan’s recipe is simple and incredibly easy to make. This vanilla flavoured tea cake is soft, moist and delectable.