Sindhi Loli By Chef Akanksha Khatri
Sindhi Loli is a sweet flatbread that is made by the Sindhi community during Sindhi festivals. Chef Akanksha Khatri shares the recipe in detail.Read More
For Sindhi Loli
2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup jaggery or powdered jaggery
3/4 cup water
4 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp ghee (to apply on top of cooked flatbread)
1 cup chopped Pistachios, cashews and almonds
- Take room temperature water in a bowl and add jaggery. Let the jaggery dissolve completely in the water, this should take around 2-3 hours.
- Combine wheat flour and 4 tbsp of ghee in bowl. Mix it well.
- Now, start pouring the jaggery syrup gradually and knead it till a semi-firm dough is achieved. Rest the dough for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Take a handful size of dough and with a rolling pin, roll it out to a thick roti. Make incisions around it.
- Sprinkle it with the chopped nuts and slightly roll again, to press in the nuts.
- Cook the Roti on a hot griddle. Flip at regular intervals until brown patches appear on both sides.
- When done, remove it from the tawa and serve with a garnish of dried rose petals.
Sindhi Loli is a Sindhi sweet flatbread. It is made with whole wheat flour and jaggery. This sweet flatbread is generally made during Sindhi festivals.
Sindhi Loli is crispy from outside and soft and sweet from inside. Jaggery makes it healthy and nutritious.
Sindhi Loli is truly nutritious and delicious.