Sama Chawal ki Tikki & Khajur Tamatar ki Chutney By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Sama Chawal ki Tikki & Khajur Tamatar ki Chutney
Sama Chawal ki Tikki and Khajur Tamatar ki Chutney is a unique and tasty combination that is great for the fasting season. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria brings this recipe to your kitchen.Read More
For Sama Chawal ki Tikki & Khajur Tamatar ki Chutney
3 boiled sweet potatoes
1 cup boiled barnyard millet
rock salt to taste
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp black pepper powder
1-2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
3 chopped green chillies
1 tbsp peanut oil
½ tbsp cumin seeds
½ tbsp fennel seeds
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped dates
rock salt to taste
2-3 tbsp peanut oil for frying
2-3 tbsp jaggery powder
water as required
coriander sprig for garnish
- In a bowl mash 3 boiled and peeled sweet potatoes.
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup boiled barnyard millet, rock salt, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder, 1-2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander and 3 chopped green chillies. Rest the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp peanut oil in a pan and add ½ tsp cumin seeds, ½ tbsp fennel seeds and saute. Then add 1 cup chopped tomatoes, ½ cup chopped dates, rock salt and mix well. Cover and cook until tomatoes turn pulpy.
- Grease hands with oil and make tikkis from the millet mixture.
- Shallow fry the tikkis in medium hot oil until they become crisp.
- Add 2-3 tbsp jaggery powder, 4 -12 raisins, water and mix. Cover the pan and cook the mixture for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve tikkis with tomato chutney and add coriander sprig for garnish.
Sama Chawal ki Tikki is made with pre-cooked sweet potato and barnyard millet. This patty is shallow fried. It is extremely healthy and nutritious.
Khajur Tamatar ki Chutney is made with khajur (Dates) and tamatar (Tomatoes) and jaggery. This chutney is sweet and tangy.
Sama Chawal ki Tikki and Khajur Tamatar ki Chutney make a yummy yet nutritious combination that turns fasting into feasting.