Rainbow Cake By Chef Tejasvi Chandela
Rainbow Cake is a colourful variation of the popular Swiss roll. Chef Tejasvi Chandela shares the recipe in detail.Read More
4 tsp castor sugar
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup corn flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
salt to taste
1 tsp edible red gel color
cream cheese frosting
- Separate the egg whites and yolks into two bowls.
- Add the castor sugar to the yolks and beat the mixture using a hand blender.
- Whisk sugar and egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, cornflour, all-purpose flour, salt, edible red gel colour to the yolk mixture and mix well.
- Add the egg white mixture to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the cake batter into a piping bag and pipe it on a lined baking tray.
- Follow the same process to make the cake batter in your favourite colours. Pipe out the batter on the tray.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 15-20 mins.
- Place the cake on a silicon mat and spread strawberry jam and cream cheese frosting on it.
- Roll the cake carefully and refrigerate it for 5-10 mins.
- Transfer the roll to a plate and trim the sides. Garnish it with whipped cream and strawberries.
Rainbow Cake is a multicoloured and vibrant variation of the irresistible Swiss roll or Swiss log. This dessert has many variations, but the basic recipe remains the same – a soft sponge cake filled with whipped cream, jelly/jam, or cream.
Here chef Tejasvi makes sponge cake batter and adds different colours to different portions of the batter. She then bakes these multicoloured cakes and fills them with strawberry jam and cream cheese frosting.
The perfect swirls of cake, the tangy strawberry jam and cream cheese filling make this Rainbow Cake a guilty pleasure.