Rabdi Jalebi & Besan Ke Ladoo By Chef Ajay Chopra
Catch up on Lifestyle Shows.
Read about Lifestyle.
Discover new Recipes.
Know your Chefs.
Participate and Win.
Share and Comment.
Stay in Tune.
Additional details required
Rabdi Jalebi & Besan Ke Ladoo
Also known as - Jalebi & Ladoo
Besan ladoo and rabdi jalebi are much-loved popular Indian desserts. Chef Ajay Chopra presents the recipe for these decadent desserts.Read More
For besan mixture
1/2 cup ghee
1 cup coarse besan
2 tsp cardamom powder
chopped pistachios for garnish
For tagar or boora
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp ghee
For the jalebi mix
1/2 cup water
2 tsp yeast
4 - 5 tbsp besan
1 cup refined flour (maida)
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp saffron water
few green cardamoms
- In a kadhai, heat ½ cup ghee and add one cup besan and cook well till the besan becomes golden brown.
- Add cardamom powder and keep cooking it on slow flame, till it turns golden brown.
- In another pan, mix one cup sugar with ½ cup water and boil. Add a spoon of ghee and cook.
- Once the sugar syrup cooks and reaches a boiling stage (bubbling effect) put off the gas and let it cool down.
- As it cools down the colour turns white and it will take a powdered form.
- Add the powdered sugar to the besan batter and let it cool.
- Pour the besan mixture into a plate and let it cool.
- Once the mixture cools make round ladoos.
- Garnish the besan ladoos with chopped pistachios.
- In a bowl mix sugar and yeast and let the yeast activate.
- Add some besan and maida and use as much water as needed for a smooth batter. Let this batter ferment overnight (or for 12-24 hours) until a slightly sour flavour develops.
- To make jalebis, use the jalebi cloth or piping bag; start making round shapes in the hot pan of ghee.
- Cook both the sides of the jalebi- let it turn crispy!
- In a heated pan, add one cup sugar and one cup water to form a sugar syrup. Add some saffron strands and cardamom
- Once the jalebi is ready, remove it from the ghee and put it into hot chashni (make sure the chashni isn’t cold).
Besan ladoos are made with roasted besan (gram flour), powdered sugar and ghee and are flavoured with cardamom and garnished with nuts. Its deliciousness comes from the besan roasted in ghee - the longer the besan is roasted, the better the taste of the ladoos.
Rabdi Jalebi is nothing but a combination of thickened sweetened milk (whole fat milk reduced by boiling on a slow) garnished with almonds, pistachios, saffron and crispy, round jalebis deep fried in ghee and dipped in sugar syrup.
The chilled rabdi and the crispy hot jalebis complement each other perfectly. Every bite of this dessert will give you a burst of flavour.