Pyaaz Waale Parathe By Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi
Catch up on Lifestyle Shows.
Read about Lifestyle.
Discover new Recipes.
Know your Chefs.
Participate and Win.
Share and Comment.
Stay in Tune.
Additional details required
Pyaaz Waale Parathe
Pyaaz Waale Parathe are delicious stuffed flatbread. Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi brings the recipe of this crispy and spicy paratha to your kitchen.Read More
For the dough
3 cups wheat flour
1 tsp carom seeds
salt to taste
1 cup water
For Pyaaz Waale Parathe
3 boiled and mashed potatoes
4-5 chopped green chillies
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp dry mango powder
1 tsp black salt
- In a parat, take whole wheat flour and add carom seeds, salt and water to it and knead a dough. Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth for 15 min.
- For the stuffing, chop the onions fine and put them in a bowl. Mix boiled and mashed potatoes, green chillies, ginger, dry mango powder and black salt with chopped onions.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape into balls.
- Take one portion, flatten it by pressing in between the palms and stuff the filling and cover it.
- Dust the ball with dry flour and place it on a rolling board and pat by hand to make a round shape and put it on the tawa.
- Cook the paratha from both the sides by applying some ghee on it.
- To make the paratha in Tandoor style, cook one side and stick on a pan by applying water and turn the tawa on flame and cook it evenly from all sides. Take it out on a plate and apply ghee on it.
- Serve the paratha with curd, pickle and white butter.
Pyaaz Waale Parathe are stuffed flatbreads (parathas). The filling inside is made with chopped onions, and boiled and mashed potatoes to which spices are added. This filling is stuffed in a dough and parathas are rolled out.
Pyaaz paratha is rich in fibre, minerals and carbohydrates and is low in cholesterol. It can be served as a breakfast or snack. Since it is fibrous and full of nutrients, it can provide energy throughout the day.
The crispy, yummy pyaaz waale paratha are healthy and offer lots of nutrition to the body.