Poha Cutlet By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Poha Cutlet is an instant snack that’s healthy and yummy. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe for this tasty snack.Read More
For Poha Cutlet
1 cup soaked poha
1 cup boiled potatoes
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp boiled green peas
2 tbsp chopped carrot
1/2 tsp ginger powder
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
water as required
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup boiled corn
1/2 cup boiled green peas
salt to taste
- In a bowl, add soaked poha boiled potato, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, onion, green peas, carrot, ginger powder, coriander leaves, salt and sesame seeds. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions. Take each portion and roll them into a cylindrical shape and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and shallow fry the poha cutlet on medium flame until they turn golden brown in color.
- Heat oil in another pan, and lightly saute boiled corn and boiled green peas. Turn off the flame, add salt and mix well.
- Thinly slice carrot into a roundel and cut it into a star shape using a star shaped cookie cutter and keep aside.
- In a serving plate, place the sautéed vegetables at the bottom of the plate so it resembles the rock under the sea and place the carrot star over the veggies to resemble a starfish. Make waves using tomato ketchup and place the cutlet over the waves.
- To make the sails, cut cheese cubes into triangles. Insert the toothpick into cheese triangle and place them over the cutlet.
Poha Cutlets or flattened rice cutlets are quick to make as they require very few ingredients.
Chef Pankaj makes this dish with soaked poha, boiled potatoes, onions, carrots and spices. She shallow fries the cutlets and serves them with boiled vegetables and tomato ketchup.
Poha Cutlets are crispy and delicious snacks can be served as an evening snack or for breakfast.