Paneer Do Pyaza By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Paneer Do Pyaza
Paneer Do Pyaza is a unique onion-based dish that’s very popular. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe in detail.Read More
For Paneer Do Pyaza
3-4 tbsp oil
2 cinnamon sticks
2 bay leaves
1 dry mace flower
5-6 green cardamoms
½ cup onion paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
water as required
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
2-3 tomato puree
2-3 tbsp curd
1 cup sliced onions
salt to taste
500 gms cottage cheese
coriander sprig for garnish
- Heat oil in kadhai, add cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, nutmeg, mace flower, cloves, green cardamom, and sauté.
- Add onion puree and cook till it turns light brown. Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, water and cook.
- Add ginger garlic paste, tomato puree, curd and mix well.
- Add sliced onions, salt and mix. Cover the kadhai and cook on slow flame for 25 mins.
- Add the cottage cheese in the gravy and mix it.
- Garnish with coriander sprig.
Paneer Do Pyaza is a rich and flavourful dish made with onions and paneer (Cottage Cheese). Onions are added twice in two different forms that give this dish the name do pyaza (Two Onions). At first, onion is added in the form of onion paste and cooked along with tomato puree and curd; secondly, sliced onions are added to this mixture to give the curry a mild sweetness and crunchiness.
Traditionally do pyaza is a non-vegetarian dish made with chicken though the vegetarian variant Paneer Do Pyaza is equally drool-worthy.