Norinj Pulao By Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi
Also known as - Pulao
Norinj Pulao is a traditional Afghani rice preparation with delicate flavours. Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi shares the detailed recipe.Read More
3 tbsp oil
3 sliced onions
8 cups water
salt to taste
600 gm chicken
4 tbsp sugar
1 cup orange juliennes
2 tbsp sliced almonds
1/2 tsp saffron
2 tbsp chopped pistachios
7 - 8 green cardamom
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp rose water
- Soak rice in water.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and add 2 sliced onions.
- Add 600 gm chicken and sauté well.
- Add 8 cups of water, salt and mix well. Cover the pan and let the chicken cook.
- Heat another pan and mix 4 tbsp sugar and water to make a sugar syrup.
- Add water and 4 tbsp orange juice to the syrup.
- Add 1 cup orange juliennes, 2 tbsp sliced almonds, 1/2 tsp saffron, 2 tbsp chopped pistachios, 7-8 green cardamom and mix well.
- Pour the orange mixture into the chicken.
- Add 1/2 tsp black pepper, soaked rice and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a muslin cloth and place a plate. Let the rice cook.
- Uncover the pan and add 2 tbsp rose water.
- Serve the Norinj Pulao on a plate and garnish with chopped pistachios, sliced almonds, orange juliennes.