Missi Roti By Chef Ajay Chopra
Missi Roti is a traditional Indian flatbread that is tasty and healthy. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe in detail.Read More
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup gram flour
1 cup chickpea flour
1/4 cup chopped green chillies
1/4 cup anardana seeds
1/4 cup garlic
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp dry kasuri methi
salt to taste
1 bowl dal
3/4 cup water
ghee as required
- In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, besan (gram flour) and chickpea flour (chana aata); add chopped green chillies, anardana, chopped garlic, chopped onions, salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder, kasuri methi.
- Add dal to the mixture. Add water as required and knead the mixture into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into small portions and flatten the dough ball using a rolling pin.
- Leave the dough a little thick and place it on the hot tawa. Spread ghee on both sides while cooking on the tawa.
- Serve Missi Roti with white makkhan and dahi.
Missi Roti is a perfect combination of traditional cooking methods and nutrition. Missi means mixture. The healthy flatbread, Missi Roti, is made by mixing wheat flour, gram flour and any other flour of your choice. You can add spices of your choice to the dough.
The mixing of different flours makes it healthy and high on proteins and the different spices give it a distinct flavour. It is easily digestible and is also far more nutritious than normal roti.
Combine the Missi Roti with a dollop of ghee, white butter, or any Indian pickle and warm the cockles of your heart.