Mirapakaya Bajji By Chef Rakesh Raghunathan
Also known as - Mirchi Bajji
Mirapakaya Bajji or Chilli Bajji is a popular snack in Andhra Pradesh. Chef Rakesh Raghunathan shares the recipe for this fiery snack.Read More
4 green chillies
3 tsp rice flour
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup grated boiled potato mixed with chilli powder
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 cup gram flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
salt as per taste
Sesame oil for frying
- Firstly, slit the green chillies at the centre and remove seeds.
- Take a bowl, add 1 cup grated boiled potato, 1 cup chopped onions and salt. Mix it well.
- Stuff it in the chilli.
- Now prepare the Bajji batter by mixing 1 cup gram flour, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 3 tsp of rice flour, baking soda, salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well making sure everything is combined well, add water as required and prepare a lump free thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan, now dip the green chillies and coat it with batter completely.
- Deep fry in hot oil on a medium flame.
- Fry until the bajjis turn crisp and golden brown.
- Mirapakaya Bajji is ready to serve now.
Mirapakaya bajji is a spicy deep-fried snack from Andhra.
The chillies are slit in the centre and stuffed with boiled potatoes or with cottage cheese. The chillies are then coated in a batter made with besan and rice flour and then deep-fried. These deep-fried fritters are super-spicy.