Mewa Paag By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Mewa Paag is a special treat that’s made during the festival season. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe for this nutritious and yummy dish.Read More
4-5 tbsp ghee
¼ cup tragacanth gum
18-20 cashew nuts
1 cup dates
1 cup dried coconut slices
2 cups fox nuts
2 tsp melon seeds
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 tbsp milk
ghee for greasing
- Heat 4-5 tbsp ghee in pan and fry ¼ cup tragacanth gum, 18-20 cashew nuts, 1 cup dates, 1 cup dried coconut slices, 2 cups fox nuts one by one and set aside.
- Dry roast melon seeds and set them aside.
- Heat 2 cups sugar and 1 cup water and bring it to a boil.
- Add 1 tbsp milk in chashni.
- Add dry fruits, melon seeds, nuts and gum in chashni and cook.
- Grease a plate with ghee and transfer dry fruits into the plate.
- Cool the mixture and cut it into small pieces.
Mewa Paag is roasted dry fruits added to the sugar syrup and cooled down to a cake. This is a winter dish made during the festivals as a treat for the children. In this recipe, cashews, dates, dry coconut, fox nuts and melon seeds are roasted in ghee. These roasted dry fruits are added to the sugar syrup and the syrup is then allowed to thicken.
This delectable and crunchy sweet can be stored in airtight containers.