Mathura wale Dubki Aloo with Bedmi Puri By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Mathura wale Dubki Aloo with Bedmi Puri
Mathura Wale Dubki Aloo with Bedmi Puri is a wonderful breakfast combination popular in north India. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe for this traditional favourite.Read More
For Bedmi Puri
1 cup soaked split white lentils
¼ tsp asafoetida
rock salt to taste
1 tbsp fennel seeds powder
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp oil
oil for deep frying
For Dubki Aloo
1 black cardamom
2-3 green cardamoms
7-8 black peppercorn
1/2 inch cinnamon stick
2 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
3 dried red chillies
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp green chilli paste
3 boiled potatoes
water as required
freshly chopped coriander
- In a blender, add 1 cup soaked split white lentils, and blend coarsely.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add ¼ tsp asafoetida, salt, 1 tbsp fennel seeds powder, 1 cup wheat flour, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 2 tbsp oil and mix well.
- Add water to make the puri dough. Divide the dough into dough balls. Roll out the puris .
- Deep fry the puris in hot oil until done.
- In a blender, grind 1 black cardamom, 2-3 green cardamoms, 4 cloves, 7-8 black peppercorn, 1/2 inch cinnamon stick into a powder. Sieve the powdered masala.
- Heat oil in a pan and add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2tsp fenugreek seeds, 3 dried red chillies, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp ginger paste, 1 tbsp green chilli paste and saute.
- Add water, prepared powder masala and mix.
- Add 3 boiled mashed potatoes and water as required. Cook on low flame for 12-15 mins.
- Garnish with coriander & serve the dubki aloo with hot bedmi puris.
Dubki wale Aloo is a wholesome saatvik food. It is made without onion and garlic and hence can be had during the festive season. The secret ingredient is the masala powder made with whole spices like cardamom both black and green, pepper, cloves and cinnamon.
Bedmi puri is made with soaked split white lentils, spice powders and whole wheat and all-purpose flours.
Hot puris served with Dubki Aloo make for a tasty and filling breakfast.