Masala Focaccia By Chef Tejasvi Chandela
Masala Focaccia is a healthy version of the famous Italian Focaccia. Chef Tejasvi Chandela shares the recipe for this dimpled bread.Read More
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1 sliced tomato
1 caramelised onion
4 - 5 black olives
4 - 5 green olives
- Mix whole wheat flour, salt, olive oil, activated yeast and water in a bowl.
- Knead the mixture into a dough and ferment it.
- Grease a square baking tin with butter and flour. Place the dough in the tin.
- Ferment the dough for 60 minutes.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, turmeric powder, oregano on the dough.
- Place the sliced tomato, black olives, green olives and caramelised onion on top.
- Bake the masala focaccia in a preheated oven at 190 C for 15 mins.
Masala Focaccia is a healthy Indian version of the much-loved Italian yeast flatbread. This bread is generally topped with onions, herbs, olive oil and cheese. It can be eaten all day long – at breakfast with coffee, as an afternoon snack, or it can be used to make sandwiches.
Here Chef Tejasvi tops the focaccia with caramelized onions and tomatoes along with green and black olives. She sprinkles red chilli powder and turmeric powder over it and then bakes the focaccia.
This dimpled, tender, fluffy Masala Focaccia drizzled with just the right amount of olive oil is an instant classic.