Mango Prawn Curry By Chef Ajay Chopra
Mango Prawn Curry
Mango Prawn Curry is a delicious Indian shrimp curry. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the step-by-step recipe.Read More
For Mango Prawn Curry
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
6-10 curry leaves
3-5 slit green chillies
2-3 dry red chillies
salt to taste
1 cup coconut
2 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 raw mango
- In a pan, add coconut oil. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, slit green chilli, chopped ginger, and dry red chilli.
- Now add sliced onions and salt.
- Prepare a fine paste of coconut and cumin seeds and add to the pan.
- Now add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder.
- Add water to the pan and let it cook. Now add raw mango slices. Cook for another 5 mins.
- Now add prawns to the pan and cook for 2-3 mins only.
- For tempering, in coconut oil add mustard seeds, red chilli whole, shallots, and curry leaves.
- Finish with coriander and fried curry leaves.
Mango Prawn Curry is a traditional spicy shrimp curry from India. Prawn curry is made differently in different regions of India. Raw mangoes, coconut milk, or tamarind are added to the prawn curry according to preference and taste.
Here, chef Ajay adds raw mango to the spicy prawn curry to give it a tang. The spicy prawn curry can be served with rice, paratha or appams.
The Mango Prawn Curry is hot, spicy, sour, and tangy all at once.