Mamidi Allam Pacchadi & Chilke Ki Chutney By Chef Ajay Chopra
Mamidi Allam Pacchadi & Chilke Ki Chutney
Chef Ajay Chopra shares two traditional chutney recipes. The Mamidi Allam Pachidi is native to Andhra cuisine.Read More
For mamidi allam pacchadi
250 gms mango ginger
100 ml tamarind paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
200 ml water
150 gms jaggery (grated)
1 tsp methi powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp groundnut oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp split urad dal
1 tsp chana dal
2 - 3 pieces dried Guntur chillies
1/2 tsp hing
1 sprig curry leaves
For chilke ki chutney
Pumpkin (Kaddu) peels
Bottle gourd (Doodhi) peels
Ridge gourd (Turai) peels
1 green chilli
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp jeera
2 tsp saunf
1 tsp coriander seeds (dhania)
1 dry red chilli
1 tsp white vinegar
2 tbsp jaggery
1 tsp methi seeds (soaked)
1 tsp methi seeds
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp saunf powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
- Scrape all the skin from the ginger and cut into slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the sliced mango ginger pieces along with salt and chilli powder, sauté for 5 minutes.
- In another pan add imli paste, grated jaggery and methi powder and let it reduce.
- Add water to the mango ginger and let it boil till water evaporates and the mango ginger is cooked.
- Once cooled, transfer to a blender and grind. Once coarse then add half of the imli jaggery syrup and grind till combined well.
- Add the the ground paste to the remaining imli jaggery syrup in the pan.
- In a tadka pan heat 4 tbsp groundnut oil. Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chana dal, split urad dal, dried guntur red chillies, hing, curry leaves and saute.
- Pour the tempering over the pachadi and mix well.
- Crush dhania, saunf, jeera, methi and dry red chilli with a mortar and pestle.
- Add oil to a pan and transfer the ground ingredients into it.
- Add chopped pumpkin peels and cook.
- Then add chopped bottle gourd peels along with salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Cover and cook for a few minutes.
- Add chopped ridge gourd peels and water along with soaked methi seeds, green chilli, vinegar, garlic, saunf powder, imli and jaggery, garam masala. Mix well, cover and cook.
- Transfer mixture to a grinder and grind to a fine paste.
- In a tadka pan, heat ghee, and add saunf to it.
- Pour over the chutney and it is ready to serve!
Mamidi Allam Pachidi is a traditional Andhra preparation. It stores well for over a month in an airtight jar in the fridge. It goes well with Sambar rice, Rasam rice and Curd Rice.
Chilke Ki Chutney is a traditional chutney made using pumpkin, bottle gourd and ridge gourd peels.
Chef Ajay Chopra shares two traditional chutney recipes. The Mamidi Allam Pachidi is native to Andhra cuisine.