Makhan Bada By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Makhan Bada is a traditional festive recipe from Rajasthan. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria brings the recipe for this crispy yet soft sweet to your kitchen.Read More
For Makhan Bada
2 cups all-purpose flour
6 tbsp ghee
1/2 tsp baking soda
3-4 tbsp curd
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp pistachios
- In a bowl, add 2 cups all-purpose flour and 6 tbsp desi ghee. Rub between palms of your hands to form a crumbly texture.
- Then add 1/2 tsp baking soda, 3-4 tbsp curd to the mixture & make a soft smooth dough. Let the dough rest for 20 mins.
- Divide the dough into equal portions. Flatten the dough ball and press it in the centre using your thumb.
- Fry the badas in hot ghee.
- In another pan, add 2 cups sugar and 1 cup water and boil until you get 1 string chashni.
- Add the fried makhan bada in the sugar syrup for 15-20 mins.
- Garnish with 1/2 tsp cardamom powder and chopped pistachios and serve.
Makhan Bada is a traditional sweet dish made with all-purpose flour, curd and ghee. The balls or bada made from this dough are fried till golden brown in ghee. They are then dipped in sugar syrup and garnished with dry fruits.
This Makhan Bada is syrupy sweet, crusty and just melts in your mouth.