Laal Maas in Bread Bowl By Chef Tejasvi Chandela
Laal Maas in Bread Bowl
Laal Maas in a Bread Bowl is a unique combination of red meat curry and bread. Chef Tejasvi Chandela brings this unique sweet and savoury combo to your kitchen.Read More
For Laal Maas
4 tbsp ghee
1 cinnamon stick
2 black cardamom
1/2 cup sliced onions
1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 kg mutton
water as required
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 cup curd
salt to taste
For Bread Bowl
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
salt to taste
2 tbsp castor sugar
1/4 cup chopped garlic
1 1/4 tsp dry yeast
1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup warm milk
chopped coriander leaves
ginger juliennes for garnish
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cinnamon stick, bblack cardamom, sliced onions and sauté until onions turn brown.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and sauté.
- Add mutton and sauté. Add water and mix again.
- Add ginger garlic paste, curd, salt and mix.
- Cover the pan and cook the mutton for 30-45 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour, salt, castor sugar, chopped garlic and dry yeast.
- Add unsalted butter, egg, warm milk and mix thoroughly.
- Knead the mixture into a smooth dough and let it ferment for 30 mins.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin and cut it into the size of the baking tin using a knife.
- Spread the dough into the tin.
- Divide the remaining dough into small balls and stuff them with mozzarella cheese. Place the balls in the tin.
- Proof the dough for 60 minutes and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 15 mins.
- Unmould the baked bread bowl.
- Place the Laal Maas at the centre of the bread bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves and ginger juliennes.
Laal Maas in a Bread Bowl is a one-of-a-kind combination of laal maas (red meat) and bread. For this dish, Chef Tejasvi cooks the laal maas in the traditional method with all the herbs and spices. She bakes a bread cheese bowl. Then she fills the cheesy bread bowl with the laal maas curry.
The zesty and finger-licking laal maas and the cheesy, gooey bread bowl Chef Tejasvi’s Laal Maas in a Bread Bowl is a warm and delicious combination.