Kerala Style Pepper Chicken (Nadan Kurumulaku Kozhi) By Chef Ajay Chopra
Kerala Style Pepper Chicken (Nadan Kurumulaku Kozhi)
Kerala Style Pepper Chicken (Nadan Kurumulaku Kozhi) is a traditional chicken roast dish. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe for this authentic recipe from Kerala.Read More
1/2 kg chicken
1 tsp pepper powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
¼ tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp salt to taste
2 onions (medium)
¾ tbsp ginger crushed
¾ tbsp garlic crushed
3 green chillies slit lengthwise
1 ¼ tbsp black pepper whole
1 tsp garam masala
2 sprigs curry leaves
¾ tsp fennel powder
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup small thin square size coconut slices (optional)
salt to taste
- In a pan, roast black pepper, star anise, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick. Grind the spices to a fine powder.
- Marinate the chicken with this powder, salt, turmeric, and red chilli powder.
- In a pan add coconut oil and add curry leaves, fennel seeds, chopped onions, slit green chillies and ginger garlic paste.
- Add water and then add red chilli powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder.
- Now add chicken and let it cook.
- Add crushed black pepper powder.
- Add fried coconut chips.
Kerala Style Pepper Chicken (Nadan Kurumulaku Kozhi) an easy-to-make chicken roast dish. It is a traditional dish in Kerala however each region has its own way of preparing this dish - some make it spicier whereas some prefer moderate. The dish requires no elaborate cooking and is prepared with simple and basic ingredients. However, black pepper is the star of this dish.
Soft and tender chicken pieces, fiery pepper and crunch of toasted coconut make this dish unforgettable.
Kerala Style Pepper Chicken (Nadan Kurumulaku Kozhi) goes well with rice, appam, idiyappam, puttu and Malabar Parota.