Kathalair Beijer Bhorta By Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi
Kathalair Beijer Bhorta
Kathalair Beijer Bhorta is a dry curry made with jackfruit seeds. Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi shares the recipe for this delightful side dish.Read More
For Kathalair Beijer Bhorta
5-6 dry red chillies
-4-5 cups water
2 cups jackfruit seeds
6-7 garlic cloves
3 chopped onions
3-4 chopped green chillies
salt to taste
6-7 tbsp mustard oil
- Roast dry red chillies in a pan for 2-3 minutes and then remove.
- In the same pan, boil jackfruits seeds with water for 12-15 minutes.
- Peel the boiled jackfruits seeds and keep aside.
- Coarsely grind the roasted dry red chillies.
- In another mixer jar, grind jackfruit seeds and garlic cloves together and remove in a bowl.
- Add chopped onions, chopped green chillies, ground red chillies, salt and mustard oil to this mash and mix well.
- Kathalair Beijer Bhorta is ready to serve.
Kathalair Beijer Bhorta is a side dish made with Kathalair Beijer or jackfruit seeds. Bhorta means anything that is mashed and this anything includes mashed vegetables, mashed fish or mashed herbs. Generally, bhortas are made with eggplants, potatoes, prawns or fish, as well as several other vegetables and herbs.
The main ingredients are either steamed, grilled, or roasted before they are mashed. Here, the chef makes bhorta with jackfruit seeds.
The spicy and zesty Kathalair Beijer Bhorta is a perfect accompaniment for rice or roti.