Karhu By Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi
Also known as - Karhu
Karhu is a flavourful yoghurt preparation that can be enjoyed with steamed rice. Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi shares a step-by-step recipe for Karhu.Read More
4 tbsp ghee
3 urad dal wadi
1/2 cup hung curd
1 tbsp all purpose flour
salt to taste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chopped garlic
4 chopped tomatoes
- Heat 4 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry 3 urad dal wadis.
- Chop a gourd into cubes.
- In a bowl mix ½ cup hung curd, 1 tbsp all purpose flour, salt to taste, 1 tsp turmeric powder and water as required.
- Strain the whisked mixture using a strainer.
- Saute the gourd pieces in ghee and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tsp chopped garlic, 4 chopped tomatoes, salt to taste and saute.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, cool the mixture and grind into a smooth paste.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve and pour it into a pan.
- Add water, curd mixture and mix well.
- Add wadi and gourd pieces once the mixture boils. Pour the Karhu in a serving bowl and serve hot.