Kadhai Namak Mandi By Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi
Kadhai Namak Mandi
Kadhai Namak Mandi is a salty mutton dish from Peshawar. Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi shares the step-by-step recipe of this unique gosht dish.Read More
For Kadhai Namak Mandi
1 kg lamb meat
salt to taste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tbsp chopped ginger
2-3 chopped green chillies
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp chopped corainder
- In a kadhai, mix together lamb meat and salt on a low flame.
- As soon as the mutton starts to leave water, add ginger paste and garlic paste and cover the kadhai with a lid for 10-12 minutes.
- Next, add whole tomatoes to the kadhai, cover the kadhai and let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now open the lid, peel the tomatoes, and cover the kadhai again for 10 min for tomatoes to cook.
- Add chopped ginger, chopped green chillies, black pepper, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala to the kadhai and mix well. Cover the kadhai and allow the meat to cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the meat with chopped coriander and serve hot with Peshawari naan, chopped onion and lemon.
Kadhai Namak Mandi is a special gosht from Peshawar. It is also known as Namkeen Gosht as it is little bit saltier than regular mutton dishes. This mutton is cooked in a very unique style due to the high fat content. Lamb pieces are added to the kadhai directly and allowed to cook in its own fat and then salt, tomatoes are added followed by dry spices. All these are slow cooked till the mutton absorbs the spices.
Kadhai Namak Mandi is salty, spicy and delicious.