Kachche Aam Ki Kheer By Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi
Kachche Aam Ki Kheer
Kachche Aam Ki Kheer is nothing but raw mango pudding. Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi shares the recipe for this unique creamy dessert.Read More
For Kachche Aam Ki Kheer
4 raw mangoes
4-5 cups water
6-7 cups milk
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup khoya
1/2 tsp saffron
2 tbsp rose water
- Peel and grate the raw mangoes.
- Add water to a kadhai and add grated raw mangoes to it. Cover the kadhai with a lid and let the mangoes boil.
- Boil milk in another kadhai.
- Strain the boiled mangoes and squeeze out the excess water from them.
- Add sugar to the boiling milk and let the milk thicken.
- Once the milk gets thickened, add boiled mangoes, khoya, kesar and rose water to it, mix well and cook.
Kachche Aam Ki Kheer is a creamy kheer made with raw mangoes. Kheer is a popular dessert in India and it is made with many different ingredients such as rice, seviyan, sabudana, dals etc. but kheer made with raw mangoes is a rarity.
This kheer has its origins in Murshidabad, a historical city in West Bengal. In this recipe, the mangoes are grated, boiled and then cooked in milk, sugar, rose water and saffron.
Kachche Aam Ki Kheer has the sweet and tangy taste of mangoes, sweetness of sugar and creaminess of milk intermingled with flavours of rose essence and saffron.