Kacchi Haldi Ki Sabzi By Chef Ajay Chopra
Kacchi Haldi Ki Sabzi
Kacchi Haldi Ki Sabzi is a traditional dish from Rajasthan. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe for this nutritious dish.Read More
For Kacchi Haldi Ki Sabzi
1 cup raw turmeric bales (grated)
1 cup peas
1 cup onion finely chopped
6 garlic cloves
ghee as required
1 cup curd
3 green chillies, finely chopped
coriander leaves chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 whole dry red chillies
2 tsp coriander seeds
salt to taste
2 tsp fennel seeds
10 black pepper
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
a pinch of asafoetida
100 ml turmeric juice
lemon wedges for garnish
- In a pan heat ghee, add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, grated turmeric mix well and then add peas and saute.
- In another pan roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper, dry red chilli and cloves. Crush the spices with a mortar and pestle.
- In a bowl add curd, turmeric juice, crushed spices.
- In a pan heat ghee, add chopped garlic, green chilli, cumin seeds, asafoetida, onions, ginger garlic paste, saute well.
- Add the curd mixture to the pan and stir well. Add the turmeric and peas mixture to it and stir continuously.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and serve with roti.
Kacchi Haldi Ki Sabzi (Raw Turmeric Curry) is a traditional dish from Rajasthan. Kacchi Haldi or Raw Turmeric has numerous health benefits and is used in many Indian dishes like dals, curries and pickles.
Kacchi Haldi Ki Sabzi is traditionally made in Marwari households duringweddings or other auspicious occasions. It is a winter speciality as fresh raw turmeric is available during the winter months. Turmeric is known to help combat the cold and has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
The slightly bitter Kacchi Haldi Ki Sabzi made with Indian spices is earthy and yummy.