Jaffa Cake By Chef Tejasvi Chandela
Also known as - Jaffa Cake
Jaffa Cake is a cute combination of a cookie and cake. Chef Tejasvi Chandela shares the recipe for this fusion treat.Read More
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup & 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp unflavoured gelatin
1/4 cup water
1 glass orange juice
1/4 cup castor sugar
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar using an electric beater.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder and mix well.
- Spread the batter on a lined baking tray and bake it in a preheated oven at 180 C for 15 - 20 mins.
- Soak unflavoured gelatin in water for 20 mins until it blooms.
- Heat orange juice in a saucepan and add castor sugar.
- Add gelatin to the orange juice and whisk. Transfer the juice to a lined tin and refrigerate for 5 hours until the jelly sets.
- Cut discs of the sponge and jelly using a cookie cutter.
- Place the sponge on a rack. Place the jelly discs on it. Pour melted chocolate over it.
- Set the Jaffa cake in refrigerator for 10 mins and serve.
Jaffa Cakes were first introduced in 1927 in the UK by McVitie and Price. The company coined the name after the Jaffa oranges used in the biscuit size cakes that consists of 3 layers, the base made of Genoise sponge, a layer of orange jam and topped with melted chocolate.
Here Chef Tejasvi makes an orange jelly and tops the baked sponge with this jelly. This simple yet delicious treat can be both a cookie or cake. What would you want it to be?