Gudpatti By Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi
Gudpatti, a crunchy chikki (brittle), is a winter delicacy in India. Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi shares the recipe for this jaggery and peanut sweet.Read More
2 cups golden jaggery
2-3 tbsp water
1 tsp ghee
1 tsp baking soda
1 ½ cup roasted peanuts
- Add jaggery to a pan while on slow flame.
- Keeping the flame slow, add water to the pan and mix with jaggery. Add ghee to the pan and keep stirring till the jaggery melts.
- Meanwhile, grease a silicon mat with ghee.
- To taste the consistency of jaggery, drop a little bit of melted jaggery in a bowl of water. If it turns hard, it means the jaggery is ready.
- Next, remove the pan from the flame and add baking soda to it.
- Now add roasted peanuts to it, mix well and remove on the silicon mat.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the mat.
- Once it cools down, cut the gudpatti in pieces and serve.
Gudpatti made with golden coloured jaggery and peanuts is a winter delicacy. Jaggery health benefits are immense and when combined with peanuts, it becomes a powerhouse of nutrition. It makes the skin glow, controls diabetes and even cures heart-ailments.
The crunchy, sweet, and delicious Gudpatti is a nutritious anytime snack.