Gud Til Ka Meetha Paratha By Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi
Catch up on Lifestyle Shows.
Read about Lifestyle.
Discover new Recipes.
Know your Chefs.
Participate and Win.
Share and Comment.
Stay in Tune.
Additional details required
Gud Til Ka Meetha Paratha
Gud Til ka Meetha Paratha is a winter dish that is filled with the goodness of masala jaggery. Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi shares the recipe of this paratha with a twist.Read More
For Gud Til Ka Meetha Paratha
1-2 cups water
2 cups jaggery
1 tsp fennel seeds powder
1 tsp black pepper powder
salt to taste
3 cups wheat flour
1 tbsp carom seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a frying pan, add some water and jaggery and allow the jaggery to cook.
- Add fennel seeds powder, black pepper powder and salt and switch off the flame.
- In a parat, mix together wheat flour, carom seeds, sesame seeds, jaggery water and water and make a dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth for 15 min.
- After 15 min, make balls of equal portion and roll out a paratha.
- Apply ghee and sprinkle all-purpose flour and fold it in rectangular form and roll again.
- Heat a tawa and fry the paratha from both sides by applying some ghee on it.
- Crush the parathas with hands and serve the parathas with ghee and curd.
Gud Til ka Meetha Paratha is a true winter dish as it contains jaggery and til (sesame seeds) which are good for winters. Traditionally, in Punjab, jaggery was made at home for the winter months. Sesame seeds are added to the jaggery as they help in maintaining the body temperature and the jaggery helps in maintaining the haemoglobin levels.
This paratha is made in a unique way - jaggery is melted in water along with spice powders and then a dough is made from this water.
The easy-to-make Gud Til ka Meetha Paratha is tasty and healthy.