Green Chana Falafel Bowl By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Green Chana Falafel Bowl
Green Chana Falafel Bowl is a tasty and healthy dish. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria brings the recipe of this nutritious meal bowl to your kitchen.Read More
For Green Chana Falafel Bowl
2 cups soaked green chickpeas
1/4 cup green coriander leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
4 garlic cloves
salt to taste
water as required
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp chopped carrot
2 tsbp green peas
1/4 cup broken wheat
1/4 cup water
few lettuce leaves
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 tbsp hung curd
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp chopped dill leaves
black pepper powder to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
- In a grinder jar add soaked green chickpeas, coriander leaves, cumin, coriander powder, black pepper powder, garlic, salt and water and grind it into a coarse paste.
- Remove the mixture in a bowl. Grease your palms with oil and shape the portion of the mixture into a tikki.
- Place them over a lined baking tray and bake them in a preheated oven at 180°c for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute carrots and green peas. Now add broken wheat and saute again. Once the broken wheat changes its color, add water and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and turn off the flame. Let it rest for 8-10 minutes or until broken wheat absorbs all the moisture.
- To make salad, mix some lettuce leaves, cucumber and red bell in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Take another bowl for dressing and mix hung curd, lemon juice, dill leaves, black pepper powder, salt and olive oil until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Plate the cooked broken wheat in a serving bowl and top it with falafel, salad, carrot hummus and pickled Vegetables. Green chana falafel bowl is ready to be served.
Green chickpeas are nutrition-packed legumes. They are rich in B-vitamins, proteins and minerals.
Chef Pankaj uses these green legumes to prepare Green Chana Falafel Bowl, a complete meal in itself.
She makes a cereal of broken wheat with chopped carrots and green pea, a salad with shredded lettuce, chopped red capsicum, and cucumbers and baked falafel with green chickpeas soaked overnight.
This colourful, delicious, and zesty meal bowl truly packs a punch.