Gotu Kola Kanda By Chef Kunal Kapur
Gotu Kola Kanda
Gotu Kola Kanda is a traditional Sri Lankan delicacy. Chef Kunal Kapur brings this dish to your kitchen.Read More
For Gotu Kola Kanda
1 cup soaked brown rice
water as required
8-9 gotu kola leaves
200 ml coconut milk
1 tbsp chopped ginger
rock salt to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
gotu kola leaves for garnish
jaggery powder for garnish
- In a pan, boil 1 cup soaked brown rice.
- Roughly cut 8-9 gotu kola leaves.
- In a mixer, add gotu kola leaves and 200 ml coconut milk and blend it together.
- Once the brown rice is cooked add the prepared paste to it and let it cook until the rice turns soft.
- Then add 1 tbsp chopped ginger, rock salt and let it cook.
- Once cooked, garnish it with 1 tsp lemon juice, chopped gotu kola leaves and powdered jaggery.
- Gotu Kola Kanda is ready to serve.
Gotu Kola Kanda is a rice dish with a porridge-like quality. It is made with rice or brown rice to make it healthier.
Gotu Kola is an Indian Pennywort, also known as Kodavan. It has rich in medicinal values; it can boost brainpower, heal skin issues, and even enhance memory.
Gotu Kola Kanda is a wonderfully nutritious and delicious dish.