Fish Cakes By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
Catch up on Lifestyle Shows.
Read about Lifestyle.
Discover new Recipes.
Know your Chefs.
Participate and Win.
Share and Comment.
Stay in Tune.
Additional details required
Fish Cake is a protein-rich snack. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria shares the recipe for this easy to make snack.Read More
For Fish Cakes
1 cup boiled basa fish fillets
1/2 cup boiled potato
1/2 cup brown breadcrumbs
salt to taste
crushed black pepper as required
1/4 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tbsp oil
boiled green peas
- In a bowl mix together boiled fish, boiled potato, breadcrumbs, salt and black pepper to make a dough.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions. Take each portion and shape into patties and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the fish cake on both sides until golden brown in color.
- Take a serving plate and place the carrot slices on the bottom side of the plate so it resembles waves. Put boiled green peas below carrot slices to make sea rocks.
- Pipe mayonnaise over the carrot slices to resemble waves. Place the fish cakes over the waves.
- Make the eyes of the fish using mayonnaise and make pupils using black peppercorns. Make the mouth using tomato ketchup and make tails and fins using slices of cucumber. Place coriander leaves on carrots to make underwater plants.
- Fish Cakes are ready to be served.
Fish are a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids, which are very important in children's growing years. Fish is rich in calcium, phosphorus, vitamins such as D and B2, and a great source of minerals, such as iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, and potassium.
Chef Pankaj makes Fish Cakes with basa fish, spices and boiled potatoes.
The shallow fried Fish Cakes make for super-tasty and super-healthy snacks.