Elaichi Ginger Cookies By Chef Tejasvi Chandela
Elaichi Ginger Cookies
Elaichi Ginger Cookies are soft, buttery and flavourful cookies. Chef Tejasvi Chandela shares the recipe for these delectable cookies.Read More
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/3 cup icing sugar
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
ganache for filling
icing sugar for dusting
- Cream butter and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Add all-purpose flour, ginger powder, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Knead the mixture into a dough and rest it for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough and cut the cookies using a cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on a lined baking tray.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 180 C for 15 minutes.
- Pipe some ganache on the cookie and top it with another cookie.
- Dust some icing sugar on the cookies and serve.
Elaichi Ginger Cookies contain elaichi (cardamom) powder and ginger powder. Here chef Tejasvi uses the French technique of Sablé (which makes the dough sandy textured) to make the cookie dough. She bakes the cookies and then fills the chocolate ganache between two cookies, thus turning them into sandwich cookies.
The chocolate-filled Elaichi Ginger Cookies are drool-worthy. They may look simple but are dangerously addictive.