Catch up on Lifestyle Shows.
Read about Lifestyle.
Discover new Recipes.
Know your Chefs.
Participate and Win.
Share and Comment.
Stay in Tune.
Additional details required
Dilkhush is a famous South Indian bread with a sweet filling that will win over your heart. Chef Tejasvi Chandela shares the recipe in detail.Read More
Ingredients for Dilkhush Recipe
For the bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
salt to taste
For the filling
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup tutti frutti
2 cups candied cherries
1 cup mixed dry fruits
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
3 tbsp unsalted butter
butter for greasing
How to make Dilkhush Recipe?
- In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour, sugar, vegetable oil, salt and activated yeast.
- Knead the mixture into a dough and ferment it for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix desiccated coconut, tutti frutti, candied cherries, mixed dry fruits, powdered sugar, cardamom powder and unsalted butter.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin and cut two discs using a knife.
- Grease a skillet with butter and place the dough disc on it.
- Spread the filling on it and cover it with the other disc.
- Ferment it for 30 mins and give it a milk wash.
- Bake Dilkhush in a preheated oven at 180 Celsius for 30 mins.
Dilkhush is a sweet bun filled with delicious and colourful coconut and tutti-frutti stuffing. This sweetmeat is available in most of the bakeries in south India.
Chef Tejasvi adds candied cherries and loads of dry fruits to coconut and tutti-frutti stuffing. She then stuffs this filling in the dough and then bakes it.
This Dilkhush is mildly sweet, soft and spongy. Rise and shine with Dilkhush and a cuppa of chai.