Dal Pakwan By Chef Ajay Chopra
Dal Pakwan is a popular Sindhi breakfast dish. Chef Ajay Chopra brings the recipe of this Sindhi delicacy to your kitchen.Read More
For Dal Pakwan
1 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
salt to taste
1 tbsp carom seeds
1 cup chana dal
1 cup moong dal
whole red chilli
red chilli powder
roasted cumin powder
dry mango powder
chopped green chillies
- In a bowl add all-purpose flour, salt, carom seeds, oil, and mix well.
- Add water accordingly. Make a hard dough out of it. Pour oil over it and knead well.
- Roll out the dough into thin sheets, shape them as you desire. Pierce the fork into the dough and make holes.
- Deep fry them in medium hot oil.
- Soak chana dal and moong dal. Boil them in a pressure cooker with salt, turmeric powder and whole red chilli.
- Now in a pan, cook for a while until moong dal is completely mashed.
- Add red chilli powder, dry mango powder, and roasted cumin powder.
- Pour over hot ghee and give it a nice tempering.
- Take a plate, place pakwan, dal, chopped onions, coriander, tamarind chutney, chopped green chilli, ginger, lemon juice and serve.
Dal Pakwan is a popular Sindhi breakfast dish. It is so popular that the Sindhi community celebrates Dal Pakwan Day!
Pakwan is a deep-fried, crisp, flatbread made with all-purpose flour and carom seeds. Dal is made with Bengal gram lentil and yellow lentils. The flatbread is crispy and crunchy and the dal is lightly spiced.
The crispy deep-fried pakwan, served with lightly spiced yellow dal, chopped onions, chopped green chillies and tamarind chutney is a heavenly combination.