Chui Jhaaler Murgir Jhol By Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi
Chui Jhaaler Murgir Jhol
Chui Jhaaler Murgir Jhol is a typical Bengali chicken curry with a special ingredient called Chui. Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi shares the recipe for this finger-licking curry.Read More
For Chui Jhaaler Murgir Jhol
1 cup mustard oil
1-2 cinnamon sticks
7-8 green cardamoms
3-4 sliced onions
2 tsp corinader powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
water as required
2 kg chicken
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
2-3 chopped green chillies
2 whole garlic
1 Chui Jhal stick
- Heat mustard oil in a handi and add cinnamon sticks, cloves, green cardamoms, and sliced onions and cook till the onions brown slightly.
- In a bowl, mix together coriander powder, turmeric powder, and Kashmiri red chilli powder with water and make a paste.
- When the onions turn brown, add chicken, garlic paste, ginger paste and chopped green chillies to the handi, mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now, add water, whole garlics and Chui Jhal stick to the chicken handi, cover the handi and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the Chui Jhaaler Murgir Jhol in a serving bowl and serve.
Chui Jhaaler Murgir Jhol is a typical Bengali chicken curry. Chui or Choi Jhal is a creeper herb that is grown in the Khulna region of Bangladesh. The small pieces of this herb are used in cooking meat and fish curries.
Chui, a spicy, salty and pungent herb imparts a distinct flavour to the traditional Jhaaler Murgir Jhol. In this recipe, pieces of chicken are cooked in a red gravy along with chui and other spices and herbs.
The classic Bnegali chicken curry, Chui Jhaaler Murgir Jhol, is delicious and mouth-watering.