Chocolate Mawa Burfi By Chef Akanksha Khatri
Chocolate Mawa Burfi
Chocolate Mawa Burfi is a popular Indian sweetmeat. Chef Akanksha Khatri shares the recipe for this double-layered delight.Read More
For Chocolate Mawa Burfi
2 cups mawa
1 cup sugar
¼ tsp nutmeg powder
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp almonds chopped, for garnishing
- Heat the mawa in a pan on medium heat. Add sugar, mix well and continue cooking until it thickens.
- Transfer half of the mixture in the greased pan and spread evenly.
- Add cocoa powder in the remaining mixture and mix well.
- Spread on top of plain burfi layer.
- Let it cool completely and let the burfi set. After it sets cut them into squares using a sharp knife.
- Remove them gently from the pan. Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios.
Chocolate Mawa Burfi is a popular Indian sweet. It is a two-layered delicacy that combines the richness of chocolate and the creaminess of mawa (khoya). This burfi is simple to make and requires minimal ingredients like mawa, sugar and cocoa powder.
Chocolate Mawa Burfi is perfect for those who love both chocolate and mawa. This creamy, rich sweetmeat just melts in your mouth.