Chocolate Hazelnut Cake By Chef Tejasvi Chandela
Catch up on Lifestyle Shows.
Read about Lifestyle.
Discover new Recipes.
Know your Chefs.
Participate and Win.
Share and Comment.
Stay in Tune.
Additional details required
Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup toasted hazelnut powder
1 tsp cornflour
salt to taste
powdered sugar for dusting
300 gm fresh cream
2 cups dark chocolate
1 cup toasted hazelnuts
1/2 cup melted chocolate
1 - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
salt to taste
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup icing sugar
100 gms whipped cream
gold dusted hazelnuts
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl using a hand blender until it forms soft peaks.
- Add sugar and whisk until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add toasted hazelnut powder, cornflour, salt and mix carefully.
- Pipe the mixture into a spiral shape on a lined baking tray.
- Dust powdered sugar on the meringue.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 160 C for 15 mins.
- Heat fresh cream in a pan. Pour into a bowl and mix in dark chocolate to make a smooth ganache and refrigerate.
- In a food processor, blend toasted hazelnuts, melted chocolate, vegetable oil, salt, vanilla essence and icing sugar into a smooth paste.
- Add whipped cream to the ganache and fold gently.
- Place the sponge at the base and spread a generous amount of chocolate hazelnut spread on it.
- Pipe the ganache on the sponge and top it with another sponge. Repeat the process twice.
- Place the gold-dusted hazelnuts on the cake and serve.
Chocolate Hazelnut Cake is an overindulgent and decadent cake. The chef makes this cake in the French style. She makes Dacquoise which is a French meringue-based layered sponge cake that is made with egg whites, sugar, toasted hazelnut powder, and cornflour.
The chef layers the baked cake with whipped Ganache made with fresh cream and dark chocolate and garnishes it with toasted hazelnuts and melted chocolate. This indulgent treat is perfect for cheat days.