Chocolate Eclairs By Chef Tejasvi Chandela
Also known as - Chocolate Eclairs
Chocolate Eclairs is a delicious French classic sweet treat. Chef Tejasvi Chandela shares the recipe in detail.Read More
1 cup milk
1/3 cup castor sugar
3 egg yolks
2 tbsp corn flour
1/2 cup milk mixed with 1/2 cup water
8 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp castor sugar
salt to taste
1 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat milk and castor sugar in a saucepan and mix.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolks, sugar, corn flour and whisk.
- Add warm milk to the egg yolks and whisk continuously.
- Transfer the mixture to the saucepan and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover it with cling film and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- In a saucepan, heat 1/2 cup milk mixed with 1/2 cup water. Add butter and mix well.
- Add castor sugar, salt, all-purpose flour and whisk continuously.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Add eggs and whisk again.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag and pipe the eclairs on a lined baking tray.
- Bake the eclairs in a preheated oven at 200 C for 15-20 mins.
- Cut the eclairs into halves and pipe the pastry cream on them.
- Glaze the top part of the eclair by dipping it into the chocolate ganache and place it on the pastry cream.
Éclair in French means flash of lightning, as it is eaten quickly. Éclair was first made in France in the 19th century. It was called "petite Duchesse” owing to its size.
Chocolate Éclair is a pastry made with choux dough, filled with pastry cream and glazed in Chocolate. The creamy texture of the pastry cream and the decadent chocolate packs a luscious and toothsome punch.