Chenna Poda By Chef Ajay Chopra
Chenna Poda is a delicious dessert from the Indian state of Odisha. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe in detail.Read More
For Chenna Poda
1.5 litre milk (cow or full cream)
6 sal leaves
3 tsp lemon juice
¾ cup (150 gm) sugar
3 tbsp (40 gm) semolina
2 tbsp ghee
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup cashew nuts
- Take 1.5 litres of cow’s milk in a vessel and boil it.
- Add lime juice into the milk.
- Take out milk solids into muslin cloth and pour cold water over it.
- Knead the chenna. Add elaichi powder, rawa, and powdered sugar. Next add chopped nuts- raisins, cashew nuts and mix well.
- Grease the cake tin with ghee and arrange sal leaves. Apply ghee on leaves as well. Place the mixture into the tin.
- Bake in an oven for 18-20 minutes for 180 degrees.
- Dust powdered sugar on the top and serve.
Chenna Poda is a delicious dessert from the Oriya cuisine. It is a traditional dessert made with chenna or fresh paneer. Chenna is cottage cheese and Poda means burnt. So, Chenna Poda literally means burnt cheesecake. The fresh cottage cheese is baked with sugar for several hours before it turns brown and caramelizes.
Chenna Poda is found everywhere in Odisha. From small traditional roadside stalls to confectioners to restaurants, Chenna Poda is served throughout the state.
The smoky, burnt Chenna Poda is a melt-in-mouth delicacy.