Chakodi By Chef Rakesh Raghunathan
Chakodi is a hot and crunchy snack from Telangana. Chef Rakesh Raghunathan shares the recipe in detail.Read More
1 cup rice flour
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp asafetida
1 tsp carom seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp white and black sesame seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, add 1 cup rice flour, 1/2 tsp asafetida, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp carom seeds, 1 tsp white sesame seeds, 1 tsp black sesame seeds, 1 tsp butter, salt to taste, 2 tsp ghee and mix it well.
- Now add hot water as required and knead the mixture into a smooth dough.
- Now pinch a ball size dough and roll gently, roll to a thick rope and join the ends to form a ring.
- Deep fry in hot oil keeping the flame on medium, until it turns golden brown.
- Now Chakodi is ready to serve.
Chakodi is a rice flour-based, deep-fried simple dish. This cylindrical, ring-shaped dish is made by mixing a tight dough of rice flour, red chilli powder, salt and carrom seeds. It is crispy, crunchy and tasty.
This dish is wholesome and light on the tummy though it’s deep-fried.