Carrot Beetroot Kanji By Chef Kunal Kapur
Carrot Beetroot Kanji
Carrot Beetroot Kanji is both a drink and a snack. Chef Kunal Kapur brings this unique and healthy Ayurvedic combo dish to your kitchen.Read More
For Carrot Beetroot Kanji
1/2 cup yellow mustard seeds
1 tbsp black peppercorns
rock salt to taste
½ tsp turmeric powder
boiled room temperature water as required
- In a pan, heat water as required and then set it aside until it completely cools down.
- Roughly grind 1/2 cup yellow mustard seeds and 1 tbsp black peppercorns in a pestle.
- Roughly chop 2-3 beetroot and 2-3 carrots.
- In a container, add chopped beetroot, carrot, pounded yellow mustard seeds and 1 tbsp black peppercorns, rock salt to taste, turmeric powder and boiled room temperature water and mix it well.
- Close the lid with a muslin cloth and keep it under sunlight for 5-7 days.
- Kanji is ready to serve.
Carrot Beetroot Kanji is a delicious, nutritious and filling dish. Kanji is a probiotic winter drink that is good for gut health. This drink is generally made by keeping it in the sun for 6 to 7 days.
Carrot and Beetroot are rich in fibre. It’s believed that when carrot and beetroot are boiled along with spices and then left in the winter sun to ferment, it turns probiotic and helps in boosting immunity, helps relieve some daily health problems like gas, bloating and constipation.
Carrot Beetroot Kanji is a nutritious and filling drink/snack.