Bread Halwa By Chef Akanksha Khatri
Bread Halwa is a hidden gem from the garden of desserts. Chef Akanksha Khatri shares the recipe for this unique sweet dish.Read More
For Bread Halwa
8-10 white bread slices (crust removed)
1 cup milk
½ Cup ghee
2 tbsp fried almonds and raisins
- Soak the bread in the milk and mash it.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai, add sugar and let it melt.
- Add soaked bread in the kadhai and cook till golden brown in colour.
- Lastly add cardamom powder and fried almonds & raisins and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot.
Traditionally halwas are made with sooji or wheat and are among the most popular desserts in India. But here chef Akanksha makes halwa with bread.
Bread halwa is an easy and fast recipe to make, with minimum ingredients. The chef soaks white bread in milk and adds this mixture to the sugar syrup made with ghee. She garnishes it with nuts.
Bread halwa is a uniquely tasty and flavourful dessert.