Bihari Chana Ghugni with Dhuska By Chef Ajay Chopra
Bihari Chana Ghugni with Dhuska
Bihari Chana Ghugni with Dhuska is a popular snack in Bihar. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe for this lip-smacking snack.Read More
For Bihari Chana Ghugni
1 cup black chana
1 tomato, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp ginger, grated
¾ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
¼ tsp black salt
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
2 tsp lemon juice
4 tsp green chutney
3 tsp tamarind pulp
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- Wash & soak kala chana overnight. Pressure cook the soaked chana with salt & turmeric powder in 2 cups of water, for 3-4 whistles.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan, crackle cumin seeds, black pepper, cinnamon stick, chopped ginger, chopped green chilli, bay leaf, dry red chilli. Add chopped tomatoes.
- Now add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder and kitchen king masala.
- Now add tamarind chutney and mix well.
- Now add boiled chana, black salt, roasted cumin powder and garam masala powder. Mash with a masher.
- Finish with chopped coriander leaves, ginger and green chilli and mix well.
- Garnish with roasted cumin powder, lemon juice and serve with onions, chutney & dhuska.
Bihari Chana Ghugni with Dhuska is a popular snack from Bihar. It is found in every nook and corner of Bihar. Chana Ghugni is made with black chickpeas or kala chana. Addition of oinions, tomatoes, tamarind and other chutneys enhance the flavours of this dish.
Kala Chana offers numerous health benefits. They are high in dietary fibre and are a good source of proteins. So, one can eat this snack guilt-free.
Bihari Chana Ghugni with Dhuska served with finely chopped onion, tomato, coriander, green chillies, lemon juice and green chutney is finger-lickingly good.